Sunday, January 16, 2011

Stay Hungry

Arnie's wisdom


                                        
eye of the tiger


I look down on people who are waiting, who are helpless. I like people who think there is more to life than eating or going to the toilet.

Ever since I was a child, I would say to myself, "There must be more to life than this," and I found that I didn't want to be like everybody else. I wanted to be different. I wanted to be part of the small percentage of people who were leaders, not the large mass of followers. I think it was because I saw that leaders use 100 percent of their potential. I was always fascinated by people in control of other people.

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. You must want to be the greatest.

As a kid I always idolized the winning athletes. It is one thing to idolize heroes. It is quite another to visualize yourself in their place. When I saw great people, I said to myself: "I can be there."

We all have great inner power. The power is self-faith. There's really an attitude to winning. You have to see yourself winning before you win. And you have to be hungry. You have to want to conquer.

Good things don't happen by coincidence. Every dream carries with it certain risks, especially the risk of failure. But I am not stopped by risks. Suppose a great person takes the risk and fails. Then the person must try again. You cannot fail forever. If you try ten times, you have a better chance of making it on the eleventh try than if you didn't try at all.

What I am most happy about is that I can zero in on a vision of where I want to be in the future. I can see it so clearly in front of me when I daydream that it's almost a reality. Then I get this easy feeling, and I don't have to be uptight to get there because I already feel like I'm there, that it's just a matter of time.

- Arnold Schwarzenegger
Add to My Yahoo!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome quote. The King is untouchable, legend in our time. Following.
    I'm at: http://aatlinks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arnold is a champ. Following.

    http://stupiddopemix.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. follow back brah http://beastlynutrition.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete